As Hosts, you’ve given us a lot of feedback in the past year. Based on your feedback, we’ve made changes to improve the hosting experience.
AirCover for Hosts
1. Even more AirCover: AirCover for Hosts now includes protections for cars and boats parked at your home, plus expanded coverage for art and valuables. We’re increasing damage protection from $1 million USD to $3 million USD.
2. Guest identity verification: Identity verification has expanded to all guests who book travel to Airbnb’s top 35 countries and regions, representing 90% of all reservations. We’ll roll this out globally in early 2023.
3. Reservation screening: We’ve developed reservation screening technology that analyzes about a hundred factors to flag bookings likely to lead to unauthorized parties or property damage. After a successful test in Australia, we’re launching reservation screening technology in the U.S. and Canada, with a global rollout in early 2023.
4. Simpler reimbursement process: You can submit a reimbursement request in just a few steps.
Ground rules for guests
5. More guest accountability: We’re introducing ground rules for guests, a new set of enforceable standards that require guests to respect your home and follow your house rules. Every guest will agree to these ground rules before making a reservation. We’ll hold guests accountable through a system of education, suspension, and removal if necessary.
Review system improvements
6. Detailed reviews of guests: You’ll be able to leave more details when someone stays with you, and read more guest info left by other Hosts. Your feedback will help enforce ground rules.
7. Retaliatory review protections: You’ll be able to dispute any retaliatory review, no matter how long ago it was posted. These include reviews from guests who severely violate your standard house rules, have a party in your home, damage your property, or overstay their reservation.
8. Getting paid faster: Fast Pay, a new payout method, delivers your money within 30 minutes after Airbnb releases it, even on holidays and weekends. Fast Pay is available in the U.S. this year for a fee of 1.5%, with a cap of $15 USD per payout.Read details about Fast Pay
9. Category tools: In early 2023, you’ll be able to check which category your home is in. You’ll also be able to add more details about your place’s features so that your home can be put in the right category.
10. New categories: We’re adding new categories to help guests discover more of your homes. The latest Airbnb Categories are New, Trending, Hanoks, Top of the World, Adapted, Play, and Private Rooms.
Do you know someone who wants to start hosting? Tell them about Airbnb Setup—an all-new, simple way to Airbnb their home with free one-to-one guidance from a Superhost.If you have thoughts about the latest release, we’re always listening. Please send us your feedback.
Information contained in this article may have changed since publication.